What are Customers are saying about us?
This book is a textbook approach that aims at providing an understanding of our planets physical topography, climatic and vegetative environment, and the relationship that human beings share across regions.
Certificate Physical And Human Geography is an educational handbook on our worlds physical, climatic, vegetative environment across all regions on the globe. The book is essentially divided into two parts-Physical Geography, and Weather, Climate and Vegetation.
The book sheds light on various aspects of the environment and its dynamics, with dedicated chapters that provide a comprehensive overview of the two main sections.
The Physical Geography section deals with topics that span the planets various topographies like the Earths Crust, Weathering, Mass Movement and Groundwater; Landforms of Glaciation, The Ocean, Lakes, Coastal Landforms, etc.
Each chapter has a questions section to help readers evaluate their understanding of the subject explained in that chapter. Various illustrations and photographs enhance the text, to enable all students to easily understand the concepts.
Part two of the book, The Weather, Climate and Vegetation section, covers subjects like different climates and climatic zones like Equatorial, Savanna, Tropical or Arctic climates.
Certificate Physical And Human Geography is meant for high school students and the revised edition adheres to the new ICSE syllabus. The book is part of the reference material recommended for Civil Service Preliminaries.
PART I – PHYSICAL GEOGRAPHY
- The Earth and the Universe 1 Exploring the Universe
- The Earths Crust
- Vulcanism and Earthquakes
- Weathering, Mass Movement and Groundwater
- Landforms made by Running Water
- Landforms of Glaciation
- Arid or Desert Landforms
- Limestone and Chalk Landforms
- Lakes 66 General,
- Coastal Landforms
- Islands and Coral Reefs
- The Oceans
PART 2 – WEATHER, CLIMATE AND VEGETATION
- The Hot, Wet Equatorial Climate
- The Tropical Monsoon and Tropical Marine Climates
- The Savanna or Sudan Climate
- The Hot Desert and Mid-Latitude Desert Cli-mates
- The Warm Temperate Western Margin (Mediterranean) Climate
- The Temperate Continental (Steppe) Climate
- The Warm Temperate Eastern Margin (China Type) Climate
- The Cool Temperate Western Margin (British Type) Climate
- The Cool Temperate Continental (Siberian) Climate
- The Cool Temperate Eastern Margin (Lauren-tian) Climate
- The Arctic or Polar Climate .
- Quick View
- UPSC English Books
- Rated 4.00 out of 5
- Add to cart
- Quick View
- Quick View